Gajar ka halwa
Carrot Halwa is a popular worldwide dessert with many variations, Carrot halwa or Gajar ka halwa is the most famous North India dessert.
Ingredients used in Carrot Halwa
- Ghee (clarified butter) – 2 teaspoons.
- Casewnuts – 1 tablespoon.
- Cardamoms (skinned and crushed fine) – 2 number.
- Carrots (grated finely) – 4 cup.
- Milk – 4 cup.
- Sugar – 1 cup.
- Curdled milk or ricotta cheese – 3 tablespoons.
- Almonds (chopped) – 1 tablespoon.
- Raisins – 1 tea spoon.
Roast dry fruits in ghee and keep aside.
Grate and cook the carrots by pouring milk in an open pan on low flame,with constant stirring.
When carrot is cooked, add sugar and cook untilit gets to a slightly thicker consistency.
Then add curdled milk or koya and cook for few more minutes with constant stirring.
Serve it either chilled or hot.